Thursday, February 17, 2011

At the starting line..

I love food...  especially meat. Oh and chocolate. Well, I thoroughly enjoy just about anything that is safe for me to consume. So starting this Sunday I will be attempting to go vegan for a week because Oprah and her posse said it was great. I'm not doing it to save animals (for the record I am completely against cruelty to domestic animals) but I'm doing it as a personal challege and to see if it makes me feel better and healthier.

To all the vegans - I have some questions:

1. Can you wear fur, real or faux? I don't wear fur, but I was just curious..
2. Do any of you ever sneak in a nice big steak or does it make you really sick?
3. What are your favorite dishes that an inexperienced cook like myself could make?
4. Why are you vegan?

I'd also like to know how many of  the vegans out there that do it for the animals actually do something to help the animals besides not eating them.

Finally, anyone who would like to jump on board with the vegan week challenge we are starting Sunday, February, 20, 2011! My partner in crime for this is Carly - follow her blog @

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like meat alot. not giving it up. and i wear fur and approve of animal cruelty.